FREE ENT’PRISE IS GREAT;.
THE FREELANCERS WOBBLY WALTZ
Words: P Agnos, (Tune : ‘Revive Us Again’, )
Free Ent’prise Is Great
If You’ve Got Lots of Gold Plate;
But If You Can’t Find a Real Job,
Join Our Grand, Singing Mob.
- I worked in a shop til tossed out on my ass,
And now I am one of the free‑enterprise class.
- My job was O.K.; I wasn’t bitchin’
Till it flew Mex‑ic‑way… and I, to a soup kitchen.
- We went to the store and we asked for some bread,
The boss gave us a flag and a bible instead.
- “Why don’t you guys save the money you earn?”
“When our kids stop eating, we’ll have money to burn.”
- When you can’t get a job, and you’re hungry and pale,
Find a kind‑hearted cop who will throw you in jail.
- My firm was like a new home to me;
Till the boss laid me off; now I’m enterprise‑free.
- “Oh why don’t you work like other guys do?”
“How the hell can we work when there’s no work to do?”
- Hey, don’t just complain; meet with other guys
who can’t find jobs; then go organize! !!
Free Trade Is Swell If You Own a Cartel,
But If You Can’t Find a Job, Your Life Can Be Hell.
I had a great gig, worked hard every day.
That was last July. Still ain’t got my pay.
No more steady work, I’m now a free-lance,
Get no vacation and no insurance.
Can’t find steady work? Robots in the loop.
Work now and then? Join the freelancers group.
My boss is an ass; he’ll die any day.
And I don’t know when I’ll get my next pay.
©2016 Agnos Box 20329 NNY 10025
Mail@greeneagle.org 212.663.2167 20 January 2016